- Valher Media Website (https://www.valhermedia.com/)
- A helpful guide to growing & monetising your podcast (https://www.valhermedia.com/podcasters-edge/)
- The Llama Commerce Show (https://www.classyllama.com/blog/the-llama-commerce-show)
- OMG Commerce Website - https://www.omgcommerce.com/
- eCommerce Evolution Podcast - https://www.omgcommerce.com/blogcast
Big and small podcasts alike are always keen to find guests for their shows who offer valuable insights for their audience. Once a big-name guest does turn up, how sure are you that his/her influence carries over and creates new loyal listeners for your show?
Today, Brett Curry, CEO of OMG Commerce and host of the eCommerce Evolution Podcast, shares how he started his business, what led him to podcasting, and gives insights on whether or not big-name guests help a podcast’s growth. We also touch on video podcasting and promoting your show using Youtube Ads. Sound interesting? Let’s dive in!
Topics we covered:
- A brief background of his business and podcast [02:38]
- Why he started a podcast and benefits he gets from having one [04:27]
- The advantages of having a niche podcast [07:36]
- How he decides on the topics to cover for his show [12:28]
- Factors that affect the number of downloads for each episode [15:15]
- Do guests with a huge following actually help your show? [17:11]
- The truth about vanity metrics [20:12]
- Why dive into video podcasts? [23:55]
- The viability of using Youtube Ads to promote your podcast on the platform [28:13]
- Youtube audience targeting for eCommerce businesses vs. podcasts [31:55]
About Our Guest:
Brett Curry is the CEO of OMG Commerce and the host of eCommerce Evolution, a podcast centered on accelerating eCommerce fanatics’ understanding and growth. He is also an entrepreneur, online marketer, eCommerce strategist, and speaker at top industry events such as IRCE, Ecommerce All-Stars, and more.
Brett is also the author of the Ultimate Guide to Google Shopping published by Shopify, and the creator of the Smart Google and Youtube Traffic Course in partnership with Ezra Firestone.
Follow Brett on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thebrettcurry/
Connect with Brett on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thebrettcurry/
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast!
Connect with Valher Media:
Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZd7saQ4UFkeP5boN25Kiig?
Follow Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/valhermedia