- Valher Media Website (https://www.valhermedia.com/)
- Valher Media Resources (https://www.valhermedia.com/resources)
- A helpful guide to growing & monetising your podcast (https://www.valhermedia.com/podcasters-edge/)
Being a pro at podcasting is a lot like becoming a successful amateur tennis player: not only do you need to avoid unforced errors, you also need to hit winners.
Today, I go over my own experiences and observations from auditing hundreds of podcasts and share a list of the most common mistakes podcasters make. I also give insight and advice for those just starting out & those who need help in figuring out why their show might not be working as they’d expected.
We’ll be talking about:
- Narrowing your niche and aligning your podcast with your business [02:21]
- Content and topic selection [05:44]
- Adding value to your show (and not leaving it up to your guest to provide) [09:12]
- Why preparedness is king [12:57]
- Quality over quantity [17:09]
- Waffles [18:34]
- The lack of innovation and point of difference [20:22]
- Leading listeners to your business and selling your product/service [22:12]
Do you have any questions for future Q&A episodes? Send them over to firstname.lastname@example.org! As always, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast!
Connect with Valher Media:
Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZd7saQ4UFkeP5boN25Kiig?
Follow Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/valhermedia