- Valher Media Website (https://www.valhermedia.com/)
- Valher Media Resources (https://www.valhermedia.com/resources)
- A helpful guide to growing & monetising your podcast (https://www.valhermedia.com/podcasters-edge/)
- Ahrefs Website (https://ahrefs.com)
- SaaS Marketing Vlog (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDidoS6DWZVYk-PdNtcY9PQ)
For a lot of podcasters, getting sponsored by a solid brand would be a dream, especially if it’s something they (or their audience) are already familiar with.
Today, I speak with Tim Soulo, CMO and Product Advisor at Ahrefs. We talk about his experience spending $200,000 on podcast sponsorships, the learnings taken from initial trials, how they choose a show to sponsor, the importance of trackable metrics in sponsoring podcasts, and much, much more.
If you’re thinking of getting sponsorships or sponsoring a show you’re interested in, listen to this episode before you make a decision. This is truly an eye-opener.
- What is Ahrefs and what is it used for? [03:37]
- The story behind their first trial of podcast sponsorships [04:52]
- Learnings from their initial failed trial and what they did differently [08:21]
- How do you select which podcasts to sponsor? [13:39]
- Should you stick to sponsoring shows that are only related to your brand? [17:19]
- No single channel or platform gives 100% reach to your customers [19:46]
- Does ad placement make or break reachability and audience interest? [21:50]
- What can podcast hosts do to make the experience good for sponsors? [25:47]
- Other benefits to sponsoring a good podcast [32:00]
- Is sponsoring podcasts a feasible investment in the long run? [36:08]
- How important are trackable metrics for getting sponsors? [38:02]
- Sponsoring vs Guesting: Which affects your audience reach more? [41:20]
About Our Guest:
Tim Soulo is the Chief Marketing Officer and Product Advisor at Ahrefs (an industry leading SEO tool, powered by Big Data). With almost 10 years of practical experience in SEO and digital marketing, Tim eagerly shares his knowledge by giving live talks at various digital marketing conferences around the world and publishing blog articles at Ahrefs Blog. He’s the author of many data-driven SEO research studies and a number of detailed marketing guides.
Follow Tim on Twitter: https://twitter.com/timsoulo
Follow Tim on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/timsoulo
Connect with Tim on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/timsoulo/
If you enjoyed this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast!
Connect with Valher Media:
Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZd7saQ4UFkeP5boN25Kiig?
Follow Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/valhermedia