- Valher Media Website (https://www.valhermedia.com/)
- Valher Media Resources (https://www.valhermedia.com/resources)
- A helpful guide to growing & monetising your podcast (https://www.valhermedia.com/podcasters-edge/)
- School of Podcasting (http://www.schoolofpodcasting.com)
- Power of Podcasting Network (www.powerofpodcasting.com)
- Storyworthy by Matthew Dicks (https://amzn.to/3itigPr)
- Beyond Bourbon Street by Mark Bologna (http://beyondbourbonst.com/category/podcasts/)
- Bigger Pocket Podcast (https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast)
- Grab a copy of Profit from Your Podcast (http://www.profitfromyourpodcast.com)
So your podcast is in great shape, and you’re now ready to monetise your passion. Question is, where do you even start, and how do you know you’re doing it right (and not wasting time and money)?
Most podcasters stumble around, wondering why their numbers are not growing or why it’s not turning much of a profit. Well, there’s a lot more to monetisation than just “getting ads and sponsors” to invest in your show.
This episode is the second of a two-part series with the amazing Podcasting Hall of Famer, Dave Jackson. We’ll be talking about why he chose to focus on podcast monetisation, mistakes podcasters make when promoting sponsors, and more.
Tune in to this episode now!
- Why Dave focused on podcast monetisation [02:45]
- The key factor in getting sponsors is showing that you can provide them value [07:42]
- Strategies that should’ve worked for monetising the book (but didn’t) [12:24]
- Where do most podcasters go wrong in terms of monetisation? [17:07]
- Making sure everyone’s podcasts win [21:43]
About Our Guest:
Dave Jackson began podcasting in 2005 and one of his shows (launched the same year) named School of Podcasting, has over 2.5 million downloads. Dave has helped hundreds of people plan, launch and grow their podcast, has authored the book, Profit From Your Podcast (coming out September 2020), and is a featured speaker at events. In 2016 Dave joined Libsyn (the largest podcast hosting company) as part of their tech support team and in 2018, he was inducted into the Academy of Podcasters Hall of Fame.
- Find all of his shows at the School of Podcasting Website: schoolofpodcasting.com
If you enjoyed this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast!
Connect with Valher Media:
Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZd7saQ4UFkeP5boN25Kiig?
Follow Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/valhermedia