- Valher Media Website (https://www.valhermedia.com/)
- Valher Media Resources (https://www.valhermedia.com/resources)
- A helpful guide to growing & monetising your podcast (https://www.valhermedia.com/podcasters-edge/)
- YesBoss VA (https://yesbossva.com)
- YesBoss VA Training (https://yesbossva.com/podcastguest)
Getting on podcasts that you want is easier said than done.
It’s not just sending out an email or reaching out through social media…
You have to be intentional, personable, and be able to provide value to a show’s audience while also letting your expertise shine through...
And being a great guest isn’t just about turning up and answering the host’s questions.
Today on the podcast, I am joined by Kristin Molenaar, CEO of YesBoss, a digital agency that helps service-based business owners book podcast features for leads.
We unpack ideas like how to pitch to become a guest, why it isn’t necessary to be on every social media platform to reach people, and why niching is especially important to gain a raving podcast audience.
There’s so much to learn from this episode so jump on in and I’ll see you in the show!
- What is YesBoss VA and what is it all about? [04:03]
- What’s going on in the podcast and guesting world at the moment? [05:54]
- How to start finding (and deciding on) shows to send your pitch to [07:58]
- You don’t have to shoot for the biggest podcast shows to reach more people [13:14]
- You don’t have to be on every platform to be successful [14:34]
- Tips on how (and what) to pitch once you’ve found a show to guest on [16:03]
- Actionable advice provides heaps of value to an audience [18:50]
- Send personalised, personable emails when pitching [20:14]
- Balancing your email between sounding self-serving and ‘others-focused’ [22:09]
- How to go about aligning talking points that meet a show’s goals (and your own) [24:26]
- Micro-fame: The more niche your show is, the more right-fitting fans stay [27:16]
- How can you become a great podcast guest? [30:49]
- Tracking the resulting business from your guestings [36:38]
- Tips for staying in contact and building relationships with people whose podcast you’ve guested on [41:04]
- How to know if a podcast episode provided value to your audience [44:11]
About Our Guest:
Kristin Molenaar is an entrepreneur-enthusiast who lives by the mantra "work less + make more". She enjoys helping entrepreneurs ditch the vanity metrics for true connections. She's the CEO of YesBoss, a digital agency that helps service-based business owners book podcast features, so they can generate new leads in just one hour per week.
- Connect with Kristin on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kristinmolenaar/
If you enjoyed this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast!
Connect with Valher Media:
Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZd7saQ4UFkeP5boN25Kiig?
Follow Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/valhermedia