- Valher Media Website
- Valher Media Resources
- A helpful guide to growing & monetising your podcast
- Let’s audit your podcast!
- Learn how to write better titles from my episode with Adil Amarsi
If you think you can grow your podcast just by sheer luck, I’ve got some news for you…
Sure, you can sit back and hope for the best, but truly getting your show noticed and heard by the people that matter requires effort, skill, and time.
Today’s episode tackles the first steps to making sure your show hits the runway prepped and ready for success... and why it’s very similar to how you think about fishing.
So if you have a podcast (or are just starting out), having answers to the why’s, how’s, where’s, and what’s is crucial to starting right.
Let’s get into it!
- A lot of people take a long time to get to the point [02:05]
- Episodes have poor quality title and descriptions [03:44]
- Some rely on a “spray and pray” social media promotion method [05:33]
- There’s no email list collection to support their podcast [07:36]
- Most believe they are in the top 10% of their niche & have an exceptional show [10:10]
- Hosts don’t ask the hard questions & don’t have the audience in mind [13:45]
- The production team has no idea of what is and isn’t working [15:18]
- Most simply measure their success based on download numbers [16:49]
- Podcasts need to niche down one more level [18:30]
If you enjoyed this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast!
Connect with Valher Media:
- Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZd7saQ4UFkeP5boN25Kiig?
- Follow Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/valhermedia